“Signal Lost: You Better Pull Over!”
“Looking
for your fastest route… At 200 feet, turn right and head west on I-29,” said
the Google Maps navigation.
I was
returning from a trip to get school supplies for my children. I felt a little
nervous about driving that rainy morning because I wasn’t familiar with the
route. But with Google Maps on my phone, I was pretty sure I’d be fine.
Everything
was going smoothly until I made a right turn and immediately heard the words: “Signal
lost.” At the same time, I also lost my cool. My phone battery was on
1%. I kept driving for the next ten minutes, eyes on the screen, hoping the
blue line would guide me somehow. But the voice was gone. No directions. Just
movement.
I thought
about pulling over, but the traffic that morning was unusually heavy. The
silence in the car felt louder than the rain. I started sweating. I knew deep
down I was lost. Far from home. After about 20 minutes of driving with no voice
and no idea where I was, I finally pulled over. I paused. And I prayed.
That’s
when the Lord gently spoke to my heart:
“This is how some of my children are navigating life on 1% spiritual
battery, no clear voice, no direction.”
Motion
Without Meaning
It hit me hard. Some of us are going through life like I was on that road. Moving, but not being led. Still showing up to work, to church, to routines, but on spiritual autopilot. Trying to follow God without charging our hearts in His presence. We assume we’re fine because we’re still “moving.” But what happens when life demands a decision and your signal is weak? When there’s no Word coming in? When the Spirit’s voice seems silent? When fear and uncertainty take over? That day reminded me that the Holy Spirit is our divine navigator.
He
Knows the Way
Just like
Google Maps, He knows the fastest route, the safest path, when to turn, when
to wait, and how to reroute us when we miss it. But unlike Google
Maps, the Holy Spirit never loses signal.
We’re the
ones who drift. We ignore the check-ins. We silence His nudges. We let our
batteries drain without plugging into worship, prayer, or the Word. And then,
when life throws detours or darkness our way, we panic.
Jesus
said: “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes,
He will guide you into all truth…”
John 16:13 (NIV)
And Isaiah
reminds us: “Whether you turn to the right or to
the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, ‘This is the way;
walk in it.’”
Isaiah 30:21 (NIV)
Are You
Being Led? Or Just Moving?
It’s not
enough to keep going. The question is are you going the right way?
Are you plugged in to the One who sees the end from the beginning? Or are you
hoping the “blue line” of life will magically get you there?
Today, I
encourage you to pause. Pull over. Pray. Invite the Holy Spirit back into your
daily walk. Don’t just move, be led. Plug in through the Word. Worship without
multitasking. Make space for silence so you can hear the still small voice
again.
Let Him
recalculate your steps, restore your peace, and reroute you if needed. He’s not
just trying to get you home safely He’s trying to shape who you become on the
journey.
One
Question to Ponder:
👉 Are you navigating life with the guidance of the
Holy Spirit or are you just hoping the blue line will get you there?
Olukemi Adeniyi
No comments:
Post a Comment